GulfSea SuperBear 3008
Marine Engine Crankcase Oil specially designed for modern Low Speed 2-stroke Marine Diesel Engines using Heavy Fuel Oil (HFO).
GulfSea SuperBear 3008 is a premium quality system oil designed for modern highly rated low speed crosshead marine engines including those employing system oil for piston cooling. This oil is formulated from high quality paraffinic base oils with latest additive technology to provide excellent thermal stability and oxidation resistance. It has adequate alkalinity to neutralise any strong acids which may enter into the crankcase resulting from the combustion of fuel sulphur. This oil is available in SAE 30 viscosity grade with a BN (Base Number) of 8.
Features & Benefits
- Excellent thermo oxidative stability retards oil degradation and facilitates piston cooling.
- Improved detergency keeps crankcase clean.
- Superior water separation characteristics result in trouble free operations.
- Special rust inhibitors protect critical bearing surfaces from rusting.
- Adequate BN ensures protection against corrosive combustion products.
- Good load bearing capabilities reduce wear in heavily loaded bearings.
Recommended for crankcase lubrication in the latest highly rated low speed crosshead marine engines including those employing system oil for piston cooling.
Material Safety Data Sheet