GulfSea Cylcare EHP 5055
Marine Cylinder Oil specially designed for modern Low Speed 2-stroke Marine Diesel Engines using Heavy Fuel Oil (HFO).
GulfSea Cylcare EHP 5055 is an extra high performance Marine Cylinder Lubricant (MCL) designed for the latest generation technology of low speed crosshead diesel engines operating with higher pressures, temperatures, longer strokes, and on wide range of residual fuels having sulphur content in the range of 1.0%wt to 3.5%wt. This lubricant is formulated with the latest leading edge technology and satisfies the most stringent requirements from OEM for this range of products.
GulfSea Cylcare EHP 5055 answers today’s and tomorrow’s concerns from shipping companies regarding the management of their bunker fuels and the subsequent impact on 2- stroke marine engines lubrication.
GulfSea Cylcare EHP 5055 offers a safety margin producing performance and convenience in utilisation when operating in extreme fuel environments. This lubricant is available as SAE 50 viscosity grade with BN (Base Number) of 55.
Features & Benefits
- Latest in leading edge technology exceeding marine main engine maker (OEM) current requirements.
- Compliant with MARPOL regulation on marine fuel sulphur content :
o ECA’s on which fuel sulphur level is capped at 1.0%.
o Global cap of sulphur content upto 3.5%.
- Enhanced additive technology enabling less use of chemical products thus facilitating a lower environmental footprint.
- Proven first class lubrication performance (without sacrificing corrosion control and detergency property even in low feed rate conditions) comparable with 70 BN lubricants.
- Excellent control of the cylinder corrosive pitting maintaining effective hydrodynamic lubricating film on cylinder wall when operating on low to moderate sulphur heavy fuel oils.
- Improved performance with reduced ash level leading to avoid excessive piston top land deposits which may occur when using 70 BN lubricants with low sulphur fuels.
- Excellent detergency minimizing deposits on critical parts viz. pistons, piston rings, ring grooves and cylinder ports.
- Excellent thermo-oxidative stability reducing deposit and sludge formation.
- Enhanced anti-wear property minimizes liner and ring wear leading to reduce maintenance costs.
- Good compatibility with all normal seal materials.
Cylinder lubrication of the latest, highly rated low speed crosshead marine diesel engines operating on heavy fuels with sulphur content in the range of 1.0% to 3.5% (MARPOL regulation compliancy).
The recommended manufacturer’s feed rate should be maintained. Higher feed rates may be required during running-in.
Material Safety Data Sheet
Read more :Marine Cylinder Oil