GulfSea Cylcare 5085
Marine Cylinder Oil specially designed for the latest range of modern Low Speed 2-stroke Marine Diesel Engines using High Sulphur Heavy Fuel Oil (HFO).
GulfSea Cylcare 5085 is a superior quality Marine Cylinder Lubricant (MCL) designed for the very latest modern low speed crosshead diesel engines operating on residual fuels having sulphur content in excess of 1%. This oil is specially developed for diesel engines operating with higher brake mean effective pressures (bmep) longer stroke lengths and Tier II NOx compliance. This oil is available in SAE 50 viscosity grade with a BN (Base Number) of 85. This oil possesses outstanding acid neutralizing capability and provides excellent engine cleanliness and durability.
Features & Benefits
- Outstanding acid neutralizing capability helps to prolong the life of engine components.
- Higher BN for increased acid neutralization capability and OEM’s specified residual BN reserve in scrape down oil.
- Superior detergency minimizes deposits on critical parts viz. pistons, piston rings, ring grooves and cylinder ports.
- Enhanced anti-wear property minimizes piston ring & cylinder wear leading to reduced maintenance costs.
- Good compatibility with all normal seal materials.
Recommended for cylinder lubrication MAN Mk 8.2 and Mk 9 engines and Wartsila RT-Flex & W-X engines operating on residual fuels with sulphur contents in excess of 1% where cold corrosion is not evident.
The feed rates recommended by the manufacturer should be maintained as the minimum. Higher feed rates may be required during running-in.
Periodic inspection of liner condition and scrape down analysis is essential to ensure continuous low wear rates.
If operating at the correct cylinder oil feed rate results in a scrape down analysis residual BN below manufacturers recommendations, (the typical minimum limit is 20BN) it is recommended to switch cylinder oil to Gulfsea Cylcare 50100.
Material Safety Data Sheet
Read more :Marine Cylinder Oil; Marine Cylinder Oil type GulfSea Cylcare EHP 5055; Marine Lubricant Oil type GulfSea Cylcare 5085; Marine Lubricant System Oils