Pulley Designations :
- “SV” = 1/2″ Single Pulley.
- “DV” = 1/2″ Dual Vee.
- “K6” = K-6 Serpentine.
- “J10” = J-10 AltMount® Serpentine.
Note : Balmar’s 1/2″ Deep Vee Pulleys (Single and Dual) can accept a 3/8″ and 7/16″ belt.
The selection process includes the following steps :
- Step 1 : Determine Your Vessel’s Electrical Load.
- Step 2 : Identify Your Existing Battery Bank Technology and Capacity.
- Step 3 : Select Your Optimum Alternator Output.
- Step 4 : Identify the Alternator Mounting Style Present on Your Engine.
- Step 5 : Determine your Belt and Pulley Requirements.
- Step 6 : Select Additional Charging System Options.
Balmar 6-Series Alternators General Features :
- Balmar 6-Series Alternators are Designed for Recreational Marine Applications.
- Light-duty 6-Series Alternators are engineered to replace most OEM alternators on a wide variety of marine gasoline and diesel engines.
- Versions: 70 Amp, 100 Amp, 120 Amp and 150 Amp.
- Balmar 6-Series alternators are available in (3) Mounting Configurations, which support (4) Mounting Styles
- Saddle Mount: 3.15″ (Typical of Yanmar engines).
- Single Foot Mount: Convertible to support 1″ Motorola and 2″ Delco style mounting configurations.
- J-180 Mount: 4″.
- Patented Smart Ready® Technology
- SmartReady™ Internal Regulation is a feature unique to the 6-Series alternator.
- SmartReady internal regulation enables the alternator to be used with smart Balmar external regulation, or as a stand-alone, internally regulated alternator system.
- The SmartReady regulator is a fixed, 14.1-volt charge controller that is ideal as a built-in back-up regulator for the cruiser, or as a full-time regulator for systems where smart, multi-stage regulation is not required.
- Dual Fan Cooling.
- High Airflow Frame.
- Maximum RPM: 12,000.
- USCG Title 33, ISO, SAE and CE Compliant.
- Ideal for Modest Charging Upgrades.
- Balmar 6-Series Alternators deliver high-output performance in a compact, small-case package and is available in all four common mounting configurations.
- While all Balmar’s high-output alternators are designed.
- Recommended for use with Balmar multi-stage voltage regulators (Sold with Alternators in Kits or Separately).
- The Balmar 6-Series Alternator utilizes Balmar’s Smart Ready® Technology
- If battery loads are relatively small and your engine is running frequently, the alternator’s internal regulator may be sufficient to support your electrical needs without external regulation.
- If your vessel utilizes larger deep-cycle battery banks or the engine’s duty cycle is less frequent (as is the case in most sailing applications), the 6-Series Alternator combines and works seamlessly with Balmar’s ARS-5 Voltage Regulator or Max Charge Voltage Regulator.
- Purchased either individually or as a charging kit, 6-Series Alternators can solve a multitude of charging problems at a reasonable price
- All Charging kits come with alternator, regulator and two temperature sensors.
6-Series Light Duty Marine Alternator Details
|6-Series Output||Power Take Off||Mounting||Individual Alternator Part Number||Alternator Kit with ARS-5 Regulator||Alternator Kit with Max Charge Regulator||Altmount Pulley Kit Required?|
|70 A||2.8 HP||1-2″ Spindle||621-70-XX||621-VUP-70-XX||621-VUP-70-XX||No|
|100 A||4.0 HP||1-2″ Spindle||621-100-XX||621-VUP-100-XX||621-VUP-MC-100-XX|
|120 A||4.8 HP||1-2″ Spindle||621-120-XX||621-VUP-120-XX||621-VUP-MC-120-XX||Yes|
|150 A||5.2 HP||1-2″ Spindle||621-150-XX||621-VUP-150-XX||621-VUP-MC-150-XX|
|70 A, 24V||5.6 HP||1-2″ Spindle||621-24-70-XX||–||621-VUP-24-70-XX|
(1) “XX” Pulley Designations: “SV” = 1/2″ Single Vee, “DV” = 1/2″ Dual Vee, “K6” = K6 Serpentine, “J10” = J10 Serpentine.
(2) A Max Charge Regulator Kit is required for 24 volt, Dual-Alternator or Twin Engine Applications.
(3) Additional 6-Series mounting styles (J-180 and Vortec)