SMART PUMPS FOR PRECISE FUEL MANAGEMENT
ADVANCED DSP CONTROLLER TECHNOLOGY
The Racor sensorless Digital Signal Processor (DSP) controller allows for precise fuel flow management and diagnostics tailored to customer specifications using flexible software routines. Precision control of fuel flow, current draw, motor rpm, and system pressure is possible using the internal DSP and/or with input from the Electronic Control Unit (ECU). DSP technology provides peripheral capabilities such as fault isolation and reporting of critical system parameters – in short, total fuel management for optimum engine performance.
• Fixed speed operation – flow does not vary with load.
• Variable speed operation – controlled by input signal from ECU.
• Built-in test and diagnostics with output signal capability.
• Automotive rated electronics inside the fuel pump.
• Low current sleep mode eliminates need for a relay.
• Flexible software to tailor control algorithms to customer needs.
Racor’s advanced gerotor pump uses the same proven technology used in lubrication pumps in the aircraft industry. It offers the benefits of fewer parts, smaller size, and lighter weight than other pumps of the same capacity.
• Fewer parts than gear or vane-style pumps.
• Smaller size and lighter weight than pumps with the same capacity.
• Greater contamination resistance.
• Proven aerospace design.
• 2 lpm to 4 lpm possible at 60 psi.
BRUSHLESS DC MOTOR
Most electric DC motors use carbon “brushes” to conduct the electrical current to the “commutator” that serves to sequentially polarize the motor windings and induce rotation. Racor’s brushless DC motor windings are sequentially polarized to rotate the pump shaft by high speed electronic switching, controlled by a DSP, not by brushes rubbing and making sparks on a metallic commutator. No brushes means nothing to wear out, and no possibility of brush debris in the fuel. Brushless motors are more efficient than brushed motors and have unsurpassed reliability and long life. The brushless motor’s shaft directly drives the gerotor gear, creating a unique, positive displacement pump assembly.
• Design proven up to 26V DC, 10A continuous power.
• Resistant to vibration and can be engine mounted.
• 8-pole, 9-slot configuration.
• Rotor: cylindrical magnet and rotor.
• Rotor rotates outside stator.
SIX-PIN ELECTRICAL CONNECTOR
• Variable speed command input for variable flow rates.
• Motor current feedback for fuel system diagnostics.
• Status output for fuel pump diagnostics.
• Low current sleep mode for direct battery connection.
• 12 and 24 volt design with variable. fuel flow even at low engine speed.
Racor fuel pumps are available in both brushless and traditional brush technology. This brushed pump shown consists of a pre-screen filter, a flow bypass circuit and a roller cell pump powered by a DC motor.