A self-contained line-throwing appliance consisting of a weatherproof plastic casing with end cap, twist-grip trigger assembly, rocket and line. To comply with SOLAS requirements, four complete rocket and line assemblies should be carried on board. The device has a throwing range of between 230m and 250m. A solid propellant is used which guarantees a highly accurate flight path even in strong sidewinds.
The Linethrower 250 is designed for ease of operation in the most extreme weather conditions. It can be used in all situations where a line is required to be passed accurately and quickly, these include: All line-throwing operations at sea between vessels, ship-to-shore, shore-to-ship and shore based rescue services, Rescue of swimmers in distress, Line carrying across obstacles and rough terrain
Please note: The Linethrower 250 is supplied as standard including the rocket. The unit cannot be used without the rocket.
Product Sku: 790390 (body) + 790762 (rocket)
- All line-throwing operations at sea between vessels, ship-to-shore, shore-to-ship and shore based rescue services.
- Rescue of swimmers in distress.
- Line carrying across obstacles and rough terrain.
- Throwing range of between 230m and 250m.
- SOLAS/MED and USCG compliant.
- Product Life:
♦ Body and line – 9 year life
♦ Rocket – minimum 3 years
|Net Explosive Content||118 g|
|Rocket Max Weight||472 g|
|Line Breaking Strain||>2 kn|
PACKING & TRANSPORT INFORMATION
• Body and Line, less rocket in packing case, L 37 cm x W 27 cm x H 27 cm
• Gross weight 4.2 kg
• Net weight 3.6 kg
• Other Information: Non-hazardous
• 20 Spare Rockets in metal tin in a fibreboard box, L 37 cm x W 27 cm x H 27 cm
• Gross Weight Max: 12.70 kg
• Net Weight Max: 9.40 kg
• Net Explosive Content per box : 2.36 kg
• Hazard class 1.4G
• UN 0431
• Proper shipping name: Articles, Pyrotechnic
• Other Information: Cargo Aircraft Only
This compact unit is ideally stored in a water-resistant locker at ambient temperature allowing easy access in an emergency. The set of 4 appliances normally carried onboard can be dispersed in strategic positions throughout the vessel.
• Produces dense orange smoke – do not inhale
• Do not fire in a confined space
• Keep out of reach of children
• Only for emergency use at sea
• If damaged or dented do not use
• Do not dismantle
• Keep away from source of heat
• Do not use after expiry date
• Pyrotechnics must be treated as hazardous items and must be disposed of responsibly in accordance with local regulations.
|Product Number||Product Name|
|30-50070||Linethrower 250 Distress Signal|