The Oil Discharge Monitoring Equipment (ODME) for ship application type CLEANTRACK 1000B is a new Fourth Generation ODME, based on a well proven concept further developed to meet the special demands of the latest trends in shipbuilding. It is type approved to meet the requirements of IMO Resolution MEPC.108(49) as amended by MEPC.240(65), with the addition of acceptance for all Bio-fuel blends as defined in IMO Resolution MEPC.1/Circ.761 Rev.1 which entered into force on 1 September 2011.
The type approval has since then been amended with more Bio-fuel blends as per IMO resolution MEPC.2/Circ.21 adopted on 1 December 2015. The new compact CLEANTRACK 1000B enables easy installation in the hazardous cargo area also far away from the nearest non-hazardous area. Installation work is simplified by a reduced demand of cabling, piping, and bulkhead penetrations. The CLEANTRACK 1000B is available in alternative versions with compact built-in pneumatic or ATEX certified electrical pump for hazardous area, or for a variety of bulkhead mounted external pumps. This makes the CLEANTRACK 1000B ideal also for retrofits without hot work. The smart detachable measuring cell is easy to remove and replace with a newly calibrated cell, if this is preferred to having the system accuracy verified on board.
CLEANTRACK 1000B Technical features
- Basic approvals according to MEPC.108(49) as amended by MEPC.240(65)
- Approved also for all Bio-fuel blends according to MEPC1./Circ.761 Rev.1
- Further approved for more Bio-fuel blends as per MEPC.2/Circ.21
- Compact and simple installation with less cabling & piping
- No need for permanent fresh water connection
- Easy replacement of smart measuring cell
- Power supply 115/230VAC 1-phase and 380/440VAC 3-phase or Air supply
- Data retrieval via LCD display, USB port, or optional printer
Annex I of the MARPOL 73/78 Convention specifies that oil tankers with a gross tonnage of 150 tons and above shall be equipped with an Oil Discharge Monitoring and Control System approved by the Administration.
CleanTrack 1000 B
Oil Discharge Monitoring Equipment (ODME) for ship type CLEANTRACK 1000B system is approved and certified according to IMO Res.
MEPC.108(49) and MEPC.1/Circ.761 Rev 1 as amended by MEPC.240(65) for Crude oils, ”Black” products, ”White” products, and Bio-fuel blends.
The CleanTrack 1000 B system is operating in a fully automatic mode, with automatic operation of the overboard and the slop tank valves, storing all details about the discharge.
The reliable and well proven measuring principle used in the CleanTrack 1000 B system is based on a combination of light transmisssion and light scattering in different angles.
The sample water stream is fed into the measuring cell by the sample feed pump and is passsed through a glass tube where it is exposed to a light beam.
The CleanTrack 1000 B is approved by the Marine Administration as specified in the IMO regulations. In addition to this, the system is type approved by the major classification societies. It has also the “MED” – Marine Equipment Directive approval, for equipment to be installed onboard ships, in accordance
with the European Council Directive 96/98/EC. The equipment is also approved
for Bio-fuel blends.
• Approved for all Bio-fuel blends
• No permanent fresh water connection needed
• Less cabling, less piping, flexible layout
• Installation even without hot work
• Simple method for onboard calibration
• Easy for installation on existing ships
• User instructions on screen