The 15ppm bilge alarm type BILGMON 488 for ship is type approved to meet the requirements of IMO Resolution MEPC.107(49), and with its small dimensions it is ideal also for retrofit on existing separators. The smart detachable measuring cell with wireless communication is easy to remove and replace with a newly calibrated cell, if this is preferred to having the system accuracy checked on board. On special request the BILGMON 488 is also available as a 5ppm version meeting the requirements of Class notation “Clean Design”.
Brannstrom Sweden AB was founded in 1985 by the present owner Roland Brännström as a company specializing in developing tailor-made systems for, and in close co-operation with, the customers.
In the beginning, the focus was set on design, development and production of specific types of measuring processors for the marine market – ‘bilge alarms’, but also PC-Board design, and development of control systems and turbidity meters for sewage treatment plants. The company expanded, and the product range of today involves systems within areas reaching from marine pollution control systems (ODMCS) to land based paper mill in-line monitoring systems.
The company is normally handling all involved activities that are included in the development of new systems, such as layout work, detail design, software development, production of PCB boards, computer assembly, and a final inspection and test of every unit, before delivery.
All systems are designed for heavy-duty work, in tough environment conditions, in compliance with certification and test conditions established by international regulatory bodies such as IMO and Classification Societies, as well as National Administrations.
- Oil content range 0 – 30ppm (current output 0-20mA or 4-20mA)
- Approvals according to MEPC.107(49)
- Power supply 115/230 VAC or 24V AC/DC
- Measuring cell with wireless communication, easy to replace
- Automatic fresh water flushing
- User interface LCD display and keypad
- Data retrieval via LCD display or USB port
- Supplied complete with 3-way flushing valve, piping set, connectors.
- Unique system of onboard replacement of the measuring cell.
- Measuring cell simple to replace due to wireless design.
- Easy to operate with 4 only pushbuttons.
- Userfriendly menu.
- Compact design.
- 32 character LCD, with LED background light.
- Relays and input are protected by “PTC” resistor fuses. Fuses are reset by disconnection of power supply – no regular fuses to replace.
- System running status shown on LCD in real time.
- Suitable for both newbuildings, as well as existing ships.
- Can be attached to any oily water separator type.
The 15 ppm Bilge Alarm type BilgMon 488 is approved and certified in accordance with the latest IMO resolution MEPC.107(49) and in addition, designed to meet the particular needs from the crew when processing the bilge water.
The BilgMon 488 has a unique system of replacing the old measuring cell with a new one, and still keep all data saved in the memory. This function enables the crew to easily replace a damaged measuring cell, or attach a new calibrated measuring cell to the power module, when a calibration of the unit is needed.The replacement cell is delivered with a factory calibration certificate, and both units will be automatically updated after being joined together. The measuring cell has a heavy duty design, in order to resist the tough running conditions.
The measuring principle by using IR light detection in the measuring cell, is a well proven and reliable examination method of the sample flow from the oily water separator.
The processor in the power module will store all requested data, and this data will clearly be presented in a LCD at the front of the unit. Connection to an external printer is available if required, through a serial communication interface. The unit is also provided with a solenoid valve function for cleaning water to measuring cell.