The SM-202M uses the single pass light transmission measurement technique, with Transmitter/Receiver arrangement. A light beam emitted from the Transmitter passes across the stack to a Receiver, which measures the intensity of the received light. Increased smoke density in the stack gas attenuates the transmitted light and causes the intensity of the received light to fall. This reduction in intensity is measured and presented as % opacity. The higher the level of smoke present, the more light lost and therefore, the greater the opacity.
- In situ measurement directly in exhaust gas flow.
- Measurement reading as % opacity, smoke density as mg/m³ or Ringelmann.
- Modulated red LED source for long lifetime stability and immunity to ambient light.
- Rugged 316 stainless steel construction.
- ‘Intelligent’ sensor so no requriement for a local control unit.
- Panel mounting Operator Interface enabling local monitoring and control of the instrument.
- Choice of interface options enabling easy integration into ship’s control system.
- Excellent reliability record with more than 2000 instruments installed on ships worldwide.
- Simple to install, commission and operate.
- Easy to set-up via local Operator Interface.
- Rugged design with no moving parts so low maintenance.
- Latched head and lid design to enable ease of access for installation and maintenance.
|1||Path Length (flange to flange)||m||0.5||5||Flange-to-flange separation|
|2||Measuring Range – Transmission
|The displayed units and measurement range can be user selected to suit requirements
Other measurement units also available
|3||Display Resolution – Transmission
|4||Accuracy – Opacity||%||-2||+2|
|5||Damping||s||1||999||Default setting is 10s|
|6||Drift with Temperature||%||-2||+2||Over operating range|
|7||Operating Wavelength||nm||620||640||Red LED|
Power & Air Requirements
|9||Nominal Current Consumption||A||1.0|
|10||Power Up Current Consumption||A||1.0|
|12||Air Supply Volume Flow||L/min||50||200||To each air-purge body|
|13||Air Supply Fitting||1” BSP threaded aperture in each air-purge body|
Cable and Wire
|14||Cable type – TX/TRX Interconnection||cores||6||Screened multi-core, such as Belden 9873|
|15||Cable type – OI/TRX Interconnection||cores||4||Screened multi-core, such as Belden 9873|
|16||Wire Size at Terminal Connections||AWG||20||14|
|17||Serial Comms||RS232 to the OI|
|18||Analogue Output (one) – Current Voltage||mA
|Isolated and scalable|
|19||Digital Relay Contacts (two)||A||0||3||@30Vdc (signal level and data valid)|
|20||Ingress Protection : – TX/RX Heads||IP65||For external use|
|21||Ingress Protection : – OI Panel Mounted||IP64||From front face of panel when installed|
|22||Ambient Operating Temperature||°C||-20||+55||Air temperature around the heads|
|23||Operating Humidity||%||100||Air humidity around the heads|
|+600||Heat insulating gaskets included
(Higher temperatures on request)
|25||Regulatory Compliance||2014/30/EU (Electromagnetic Radiation)
2014/35/EU (Low Voltage)
|26||Materials : – TX/RX Heads
– Air Purge Bodies
|316 Stainless Steel (powder coated)
Powder coated cast aluminium (Stainless steel option available
Steel back-box; aluminium front panel with PU laminate overlay
|27||Weight – TX/RX Heads
|Including air purge body|
|31||Warranty||months||24||Return to base warranty. Extensions available|
Read more : Smoke density monitor for marine