Indication oil in the refrigeration system :
- Temperature is not dropping in the cold rooms as normal, due to fact that oil act as insulation in the evaporator.
- It may cause excessive frost on the suction line.
- Refrigerant compressor runs for the extended period of time.
- Lubricating oil level in the compressor will drop.
- Refrigerant level will fall if oil has caused blockage.
Causes oil in the refrigeration system :
- This may happen if the oil separator is not working properly.
- Oil may carry over from the compressor and may not come back to the compressor due to blockage in the system.
- Defective piston rings or worn out liner of the compressor may cause the oil to carry over along with the refrigerant.
- Compressor may take high capacity current during starting.
Action oil in the refrigeration system :
- Check the oil separator for proper functioning.
- Check the drier for proper cleaning and if its require cleaning clean it
- Evaporator coil should be drained to remove any trace of oil.
- If there is oil in the cooling coils, increase the condenser and evaporator temperature differentials and remove excess frost on the suction pipe.
- Heat pipes with blow torch.