Quantum by FLIR Raymarine
Setting a new standard for compact solid state radar, Quantum delivers superior radar imaging on both long and extremely short ranges. Integrated Wi-Fi and thin cabling simplifies installation plus Quantum’s energy efficient and lightweight design provides safe radiated emissions and substantially reduced power consumption.
Superior Radar Imaging
FLIR’s exclusive ATX™ advanced target separation technology displays targets like boats, landmarks, rocks, buoys, and weather cells with unsurpassed resolution and separation quality.
1 Quantum Radar
2 Ordinary magnetron radar
CHIRP Pulse Compression
Small Target Detection
Quantum’s CHIRP Pulse Compression technology identifies small, weak targets, even when positioned close to strong returns.
1 Quantum detects the small kayak very close to the waterfront bulkhead
- Simple Wi-Fi connection between Quantum and any Raymarine LightHouse II powered MFD.
- Quantum’s small diameter power cable is easy to route through tight spaces.
- Easy to upgrade – Quantum uses the same bolt pattern as previous generation radars. Optional Quantum adapter cable eliminate the need to run new radar cables.
Energy Efficient and Lightweight Design
- Weighs 50% less than traditional magnetron radars.
- Safe Emissions thanks to Quantum’s low power solid state radar transmitter.
- Very low power consumption (17 Watts transmit and 7 watts standby).
- Extended vessel battery life when under sail.
Quantum™ CHIRP Radar Specifications
|Input Voltage||12 or 24 Vdc (Min: 10.8V, Max: 31.2 V)|
|Networking||Wi-Fi or wired Ethernet (RayNet)|
|Antenna Type||Patch Array|
|Power Consumption||Transmit mode 17W; standby mode 7W; sleep mode 2W|
|Range||Scales From 1/16 to 24 nautical miles|
|Transmit Frequency||9354 to 9446 MHz|
|Peak Power Output||20W|
|Pulse Widths (3 dB)||40 ns to 14.7 μs|
|CHIRP Lengths||400 ns to 20 μs|
|CHIRP Bandwidth||Up to 32 MHz|
|IF Bandwidth||26 MHz|
|Noise||Less than 4 dB|
|Max. Range Scale||from 1/16 to 24 nautical miles|
|Beamwidth (nominal)||4.9º horizontal and 20º vertical|
|Weight||5.6 kg (12.3 lb)|
Read more : Autopilot Perfection Raymarine