The RS24 system is the latest generation of Guidance Marine’s high resolution radar. It is designed to provide high levels of situational awareness in densely populated marine environments.
The RS24 Sensor is a high speed, high resolution FMCW K-band dome radar. K-band (24GHz) radar has an inherently higher resolution than the S or X bands more typically used for marine radar. It can output radar images both to the RS24 Dashboard and also to third party applications which support the ASTERIX CAT-240 open data format.
- High resolution situational awareness.
- Navigate with greater precision through busy waterways.
- Safer manoeuvring in harbours, fjords and locks.
- Identify and locate small crafts or navigation buoys.
- No radar blind spots.
- 60 RPM.
- 60 RPM.
- Ultra-Linear FMCW.
- Close range operation from 1m.
- Full 360º scanning.
- K-Band Radar.
- ASTERIX CAT-240 output (8-bit and 16-bit resolution).
The RS24 system is suitable for applications which use structures such as :
- Autonomous vessels
- Cruise ships
- Search and rescue
Dashboard and Service Interface
The RS24 Dashboard software runs on a marine specification computer, usually mounted on the bridge. It is the interface through which the operator can control the day to day operation of the RS24 Sensor and view the radar image that is generates.
- Ergonomically friendly – user centered design for ease of use.
- Optional full screen modes.
- Optional touchscreen control.
- Minimalist design to reduce operational ambiguity.
- Sensor control, configuration, alarm handling and data logging functionality.
- Control, clarity and complete visibility of the sensor and its operational environment .
- Comprehensive user friendly all in one guide for installing and operating RS24.
- Operation friendly day and night mode.
- The user interface is common across all sensors, to aid productivity and reduce cost of ownership.
A dedicated commissioning tool offers a much faster set-up time, including handling all set-up parameters from the PC rather than out at the sensor. It can also be used to read the position data when the system is in operation. This greatly improves commissioning and maintenance turnaround time.