The LT-500 Attitude Heading Reference System (AHRS) unit is a maritime navigation electronic compass / heading sensor from Lars Thrane A/S. The LT-500 AHRS unit is designed for the leisure as well as the professional maritime markets. The LT-500 unit meets all standards and certification requirements needed for worldwide maritime navigation equipment.
The LT-500 AHRS unit is a small, compact, and very advanced unit with 11 precision sensors. With the use of sensor-fusion and Kalman filtering, the LT-500 AHRS unit outputs: true heading1, roll, pitch, air pressure, and temperature real-time, with high precision and resolution. The LT-500 AHRS unit includes advanced technologies such as :
- Kalman filtering.
- Calculation of magnetic variation based on the World Magnetic Model (WMM).
- Compensation of soft and hard iron (deviation).
- Built-in magnetometer calibration algorithm.
The LT-500 AHRS unit is designed and built for the demanding and rough environment at sea and with an operational temperature range from -25⁰C to +55⁰C (-13⁰F to +131⁰F).
INSTALLATION & NAVIGATION
The LT-500 AHRS unit is easy to mount and supports NMEA 0183, NMEA 2000, and power on a single cable. Without compromising the high performance, the LT-500 AHRS unit may be installed in any position. The LT-500 AHRS units has a built-in user interface (display and control buttons) for installation and service. Navigation output from the LT-500 AHRS unit is available in the user interface. The LT-500 AHRS unit supports automatic levelling (pitch and roll), which can be used during the installation. The built-in magnetometer calibration algorithm will compensate for deviation, and the LT-500 AHRS unit will output reliable navigation data. The external PC installation and service software is available for optional configuration and maintenance of the LT-500 AHRS unit.
More than 40 years of experience have been put into the design and construction of the advanced LT-500 AHRS unit, with an exceptional performance and specification level.
Key Features :
- Attitude Heading Reference System with 11 precision sensors.
- True heading, magnetic heading, deviation, variation, roll, pitch, air pressure, and temperature.
- Display and control buttons for installation and service.
- Simultaneously NMEA 0183 and NMEA 2000 data.
- Configurable NMEA 0183 sentences (enable/disable, talker ID, output rate).
- Easy configurable NMEA 2000 termination resistor (open or terminated).
- Easy configurable NMEA 0183 data rate (4800 or 38400 baud).
- Mount in any orientation without compromising the high performance.
- Each unit is factory calibrated and functional tested over temperature prior to shipment.
- Worldwide maritime certification.
- Certification & standards: CE, IEC 60945, IEC 60950, FCC, IC, RCM, RoHS, NMEA 0183, NMEA 2000.
- Dimensions: 91.6 x 75.3 x 32.7 mm (3.61 x 2.96 x 1.29 in).
- Weight: 104 g (0.23 lbs).
- Temperature (ambient), operational: -25°C to +55°C (-13°F to +131°F).
- Temperature (ambient), storage: -30°C to +80°C (-22°F to +176°F).
- Waterproof: IP42 / Humidity: 95% non-condensing @ 40°C.
- Communication Interface: 8-pin female connector for NMEA 0183, NMEA 2000 and power.
- Input power: 9-40 VDC.
- Power consumption: < 1W.
- Load Equivalent Number (LEN) : 2.
- Compass safe distance: 0.3 m (1 ft).
In the Box :
- LT-500 AHRS.
- 10m Cable Multi 8-pin Simple-Cut (M).
- Screw-in Conn. NMEA 2000 Micro-C (M).
- Quick Installation Guide.
- Safety Instructions Sheet.
- Unit Test Sheet.