p70 and p70R Control Heads
The final step to building a Raymarine Autopilot system is selection of an autopilot control head. Here the decision is a matter of personal choice since each fixed-mount Raymarine SmartPilot Control Head will offer the same level of autopilot performance. Adding additional control heads is easy thanks to Raymarine’s SeaTalk networking.
The new autopilots are available in two control styles. The Raymarine p70 autopilot control head is a push-button operation controller designed primarily for sailboats, while the Raymarine p70R autopilot control head, with its combination of push-buttons and rotary control dial, is aimed at powered craft.
Key features :
- New LightHouse user interface is simple and quick to use.
- 160º viewing angles.
- Start up wizard helps you configure the pilot quickly and easily.
- Anti-reflective coating for improved visibility in bright sunlight.
- Button or rotary control options for sail and power applications.
- Low power – typically 132mA/1.6W – 27% less than ST70 at x4 measured brightness.
- Supported autopilot modes: Auto; Standby; Pattern; Track; Wind Vane; Power Steer and Jog Steer.
- Display the pilot information in different formats.
- Simple system and group dimming/illumination.
- Support for multiple data sources.
- SeaTalkng or SeaTalk1 connectivity (no bridging required).
Advanced LED backlighting offers low power consumption and delivers vibrant color and contrast. Wide horizontal and vertical viewing angles ensure the display can be seen clearly from acute positions.
p70 and p70R Specifications
|ITEM||p70 & p70R SPECIFICATIONS|
Autopilot controller (button)
Autopilot controller (rotary)
|Nominal voltage||12v DC|
|Voltage range||9 to 16v DC|
|Screen size||3.5″ TFT LCD 320 x 240 pixels|
|Colors||16 bit color (64K colors)|
|Power consumption||69mA no lighting | 134ma 100% illumination|
|Connections||SeaTalkng (x2) and SeaTalk1 Compatible|
|Operating temperature||-025ºC to 55ºC (-13ºF to 131ºF)|
|Storage temperature||-030ºC to 70ºC (-22ºF to 158ºF)|
|Relative humidity||93% max|
|Conformance||Europe 2004/108/EC | Australia and New Zealand C-Tick compliance level 2|
Read more : NEW Raymarine p70s and p70Rs Autopilot Control Heads