Marine Sat Receiver (MSR-2) is the reception system for satellite buoys developed by Marine Instruments for high volumes of data.
The MSB+ supplied with the MSR-2 receiver makes it very easy for the user to read the buoy’s messages.
The internal GPS located in the antenna of the MSR-2 allows the viewing of the vessel position on the chart of the MSB software, providing information about time and distance of arrival to the buoys, route monitoring, etc.
The MSR-2 consists of an external antenna and an interface which is connected to the PC through USB or serial port. All the components necessary for its installation are supplied.
The MSR-2 interface includes LEDs for a quick and visual monitoring of the device operation: receiver and GPS state, communication with the computer, etc.
Especially designed for the management of high volume of data and avoid high communication costs when sending/receiving fishing data from the buoy.
Fast and direct communication with the buoys: receipt of positions/soundings, sending of telecommands, GPS position of the purse seiner, automatic activation of the buoys, etc.
- Autonomous System: does not depend on other systems on board.
- Global coverage.
- Less than 1 minute latency in 90% of messages.
- Spread-spectrum communication technology, difficult to detect by third parties.
- Internal GPS and possibility of NMEA external GPS.
- Connection to PC through USB or serial port.
Visual monitoring of the device state.
- Autonomous system : it is not neccessary to install any other systems on board.
- The system includes :
- Antenna : Iridium and GPS communications.
- Interface : Data transmission between the computer (with MSB software installed) and antenna. The MSB
software processes the data received by MSR2.
- Global coverage with Iridium satellite.
- System developed for the management of bulk data to avoid high communications costs in the sending/reception of fishing data from the buoys.
- LEDs for monitoring the operation of the equipment.
- Fast reception and sending of messages, less than one minute latency.
- Internal GPS and possibility to use the external GPS through NMEA.
- Connection to PC through USB or serial report.
- Fast and direct communications with the buoys : reception of positions or soundings, sending of telecommands, GPS position of purse seine, automatic activation of buoys, etc.
- Power supply : 110-230 VAC (50Hz – 60 Hz).
- Average consumption : 2.5 W.
- Weight Antenna : 4.3 Kg.
- Interface : 0.8 Kg.
- Working temperature : 0 C to + 55 C.
- Software for the monitoring and tracking of satellite buoys for tuna fishing.
- Sending of telecommands to buoys from the software to :
- Change operation mode.
- Switch the flash on and off.
- Adjust gain.
- Pin the buoy for information at real time.
- Quick review sounder data on screen. Different colour palettes.
- Buoy data is shown at real time on C-MAP vectorial charts.
- Automatic activation of buoys on board from the software.
- Possibility to create groups of buoys and export the buoy’s data to a file.
- On chart drawing and text tools.
- Compatible with MAXSEA, TIMEZERO, TELAURUS, SEA@COM and CATSAT.