Up until now, the VDR functioned as an additional black box with separate interfaces to each required sub-system. The Wärtsilä VDR 4360 changes this approach and offers the benefits from true integration of the VDR into the complete navigation system.
Essential Wärtsilä VDR 4360 functions are operated via the RADARPILOT, thus combining user-friendly operation with improved situational awareness all in a cost effective, tailor-made state-of-the art solution. The VDR comes as a scalable solution at a competitive price suitable to all kinds of newbuildings and retrofits over the complete market range.
- Navigation sensor data and digital radar and ECDIS image via Ethernet.
- Remote operating (alarm handling) by means of Wärtsilä SAM Radar (1×00, Platinum and future products),
- Harmonized user interface.
- Available as cabinet mounted solution.
- Replay system online / offline (onboard as well as onshore).
- Remote maintenance and online replay.
- VHF Interface prepared for two channels.
The modular and ethernet based solution (incl. power over ethernet) requires minimum space and wiring and allows fast and effective installations. The replay system is based on standard PC hardware and offers fast and easy access to downloaded data. Once the VDR is connected to a SATCOM system online replay
as well as remote maintenance of the VDR is available. The Wärtsilä VDR 4360 meets all requirements of the new VDR performance and test standards MSC.333(90) and IEC 61996-1.
Related articles : Wartsila Retractable Thrusters