Ocean Signal RESCUEME MOB1 is type of AIS Man Overboard and usulally used for marine application including for ro-ro ship, fishing boat, tugboat, yacht and for offshore.
The rescueME range of products provides the user with the latest technology specifically designed for compact size and ease of operation. The RESCUEME MOB1 is intended to alert your vessel in the event that you fall overboard. It will then plot your location on a suitable AIS equipped chart plotter.
RESCUEME MOB1 Overview
RESCUEME MOB1The world’s smallest personal locating AIS Man OverBoard device with integrated DSC.
- AIS (Automatic Identification System)
- Integrated DSC transmitter (digital selective calling)*
- 30% (Typ) smaller than competitors
- Automatic activation
- Simple lifejacket integration
- 7-year battery life
- 24+ hours of operational life
- 5-year warranty†
- Fast accurate positioning
- DSC functionality is subject to regulations of the country.
† Subject to warranty statement. (Note: When used in commercial applications the warranty period is restricted to two years.)
Introducing the world’s smallest AIS MOB device with integrated DSC – the rescueME MOB1 from Ocean Signal. The MOB1 is compatible with even the most compact inflatable life-jackets.
The MOB1 is intended to be installed within the life-jacket and will activate automatically on inflation, sending the first alert within 15 seconds.
The integrated strobe light ensures maximum visibility in low light conditions.
The MOB1 communicates with the vessel you have been separated from and other vessels in the vicinity (up to 5 miles range dependent on conditions). To alert rescue authorities, an alternative product the rescueME PLB1 communicates directly via a dedicated search and rescue satellite network.
In an emergency RescueME, MOB1 provides 2 methods of rapidly communicating your position, accurate to a few meters, back to the vessel, plus providing a visual indication via its built-in strobe light.
The best chance of rapid rescue if you fall overboard comes from your own vessel. Your crew needs to be immediately aware of the incident and keep track of your position whilst recovery is carried out. Even in the most moderate of seas, it is alarming how quickly a visual sighting of a man overboard can be lost.
Once activated your MOB1 will transmit an alert to all AIS receivers and AIS enabled plotters in the vicinity. The integrated GPS ensures the precise location is sent to your vessel and any others that may be assisting.
An additional feature of the MOB1 is its ability to activate the DSC alarm on your vessels VHF, alerting your crew to the situation.
Compatibility: Most modern AIS plotters and DSC VHF comply with the standards required to receive MOB transmissions. It is, however, especially if you are using older equipment, recommended that you check compatibility with the equipment manufacturer. See the FAQs below for more information.
The MOB1 may be configured by the user to enter the vessels’ DSC MMSI number* by downloading the software at the link below. The vessel’s DSC number may be programmed multiple times.
- A Man Over Board AIS transmitter is only intended for short range signalling to
an AIS receiver installed onboard your own vessel. It will not directly alert the
emergency services or any other vessels.
- This equipment is intended for emergency use only and it should not be used for routine tracking of persons or property, including routine tracking of divers.
- If self-test is performed more frequently than once a month, then battery life may be reduced.
- This radio device is designed to only provide an effective alerting and locating capability in close proximity to a vessel. This radio beacon is NOT an EPIRB.
- DSC functionality may vary or be disabled according to individual countries regulations. Older DSC radios may not respond to the individual relay call.
RESCUEME MOB1 Warranty
Your Ocean Signal MOB1 is warranted against manufacturing defects in materials and workmanship for a period of 5 years from the date of purchase and in accordance with the following conditions.
Ocean Signal will at its discretion, repair or replace faulty product free of charge excluding the cost of shipping. Proof of purchase shall be required in order for a warranty claim to be valid from the original purchaser. All claims shall be made in writing to Ocean Signal or an approved service dealer or distributor.
Ocean Signal shall not be liable to the buyer under the above warranty:
- for any repairs or modifications carried out on the MOB1 using parts that are not supplied or approved by the manufacturer Ocean Signal including batteries and for work carried out other than by Ocean Signal or approved service dealers,
- for any part, material or accessory that is not manufactured by Ocean Signal the consumer will be covered by the guarantee / warranty offered to Ocean Signal by the manufacturer or supplier of such a component,
- for product which has not been fully paid for, • for any product supplied by Ocean Signal to a customer under an alternative warranty or commercial agreement,
- for the cost of shipping product to and from the customer.
The Battery is only warranted until the date of expiry and provided the unit is tested in accordance with the information in the user manual. This warranty does not apply to a used battery as indicated by the electronic witness.
AIS transmission Transmit Power
DSC Transmission Transmit Power
Individual Distress Relay Distress Alert (by single call made on press of the activation button)
Temperature range (operational)
-20°C – +55°C
Temperature range (storage)
-30°C – +70°C
RTCM SC11901, EN303 098-1
Read more : SM-3 LIFEBUOY SELF-IGNITING MARKER LIGHT