With the IMO’s 2020 global sulphur cap fast approaching, a popular solution to ensure compliance is to install an exhaust gas cleaning system (EGCS).
For this, wet scrubber systems use wash water to remove the pollutants from the exhaust gas. Therefore the wash water being discharged must be monitored at all times to ensure it is within the limits set by the regulating body. There are IMO regulations for water quality parameters including Polycyclic Aromatic Hydrocarbons (PAHs), pH and turbidity prior to discharge into the ocean.
Rivertrace is an ISO 9001 Quality-Assured Company and market leader in Oil in Water Quality Monitoring, with over 30 years’ experience and your partner to ensure that the wash water discharged from your exhaust gas cleaning systems is compliant with the global regulations on discharge.
Our SMART ESM monitor developed by Rivertrace, is suitable for both the inlet and outlet of a wet exhaust gas cleaning system, measuring and recording PAH, Turbidity, Temperature and pH, on open-loop, closed-loop and hybrid scrubber systems.
The SMART ESM is fully compliant with MEPC 259(68) and provides reliable information to ensure compliance with the worldwide SOx limits.
- Ensures compliance of wash water discharge from ship EGCS is within regulatory limits.
- Fully compliant with IMO MEPC 259(68).
- Systems suitable for both new ship and retro fit installations.
- Compatible with Open Loop, Closed Loop and Hybrid systems.
- Suitable for inlet and outlet monitoring.
- PAH Measurement is compensated for turbidity.
- Continuous real-time monitoring of wash water discharge including PAH, turbidity, Temperature and pH.
- On screen historical data graphs showing Instant/ Hourly/ Daily/ Weekly figures.
- Data can be emailed automatically.
- Automatic cleaning of optical path.
- Plug and play maintenance design.
- Easy calibration check kits or component replacement.
- Cooling Enclosure.
|Power Supply||100 – 240V AC, 47 – 63 Hz single phase|
|Dimensions||H480mm x W560 x D183|
|Operating pressure||Max 4.0 bar|
|Ambient operating temp||0 – *50 oC *Higher Optional|
|Sample flow||0.1-4 L/min|
|PAH range||0 – 4500 μg/L|
|PAH resolution||1 μg/L|
|Turbidity range||0 – 500 NTU|
|Turbidity resolution||Yes 0.1 up to 100 NTU, 1 thereafter Yes|
|pH range||0 – 14|
|System outputs||RS485 Modbus
TCP/IP Ethernet (RJ45)
4x Volt free relay contacts for each parameter measured
4x 4-20 mA output for each parameter measured
SD Card for storing
|Display/user interface||10.1” capacitive touchscreen|
|Sample inlet/outlet||1⁄4” BSPP Female Thread|
|Monitor configuration||Separate calibrated PaH and Turbidity cartridges fitted inside the measuring cell allow the calibrated parts to be swapped without the need of isolating|
|Regulatory Approvals||DNV GL Statement of Compliance (Pending)|
Specifications and system descriptions accurate at time of printing. These are subject to change.