The TTC 30 and TTC 10 units are for on deck acoustic testing and configuration of the cNODE® transponders. The TTC 30 and TTC 10 can test all KM transponder channels including the latest Cymbal® acoustic protocols. It can also test telemetry transponders with internal and external sensors.
TWO TTC MODELS ARE AVAILABLE :
- TTC 30 (Medium frequency).
- TTC 10 (Low frequency).
BOTH MODELS COMES WITH :
- 1 x Test Transducer.
- 1 x Serial Line Cable.
- 1 x Mains Power Cable.
The TTC 30 & TTC 10 are touch screen/ trackball operated transponder testers set in a splash-proof portable case with carrying handle and shoulder strap. It has an internal rechargeable battery.
The test transducer is used for acoustic test. The TTC 30 or TTC 10 communicates with transponder through the transducer. Acoustic test includes interrogation, read/set transponder parameters and reading internal and external transponder sensors.
The serial line cable connects a cNODE® transponder to the TTC 30 or TTC 10 and is used for transponder configuration such as changing acoustic mode and default channels and SW download.
Mains power cable is used to connect the TTC 30 & TTC 10 to a standard 115/230 Vac mains supply to recharge the internal battery.
TRANSPONDER TEST AND CONFIGURATION TOOL – TTC LIGHT
TTC Light is a simple software that runs on your Windows PC for configuration of the cNODE® family of transponders.TTC Light can also be used to acoustically test other transponders on deck by connecting a cNODE MiniS to the PC.
SCOPE OF SUPPLY
- USB Memory stick with TTC Light installation programs, Product key (activation code) and TTC Light Quick Start Guide.
- cNODE MiniS Configuration cable for PC.
- cNODE Maxi/Midi/Mini Configuration Cable for PC.
- Serial adapter cable, USB to RS-232.
INSTALLING THE PROGRAM.
The computer where you intend to install the software mustrun Windows® 7 operating system (or above) and have internet connection available for the initial setup.
- Start the computer.
- Ensure that the computer is connected to the internet.
- Insert the USB memory stick :
– Run the ‘TTCLightxxx.exe’ file on the USB memory stick and follow the installation wizard.
– Two new icons have been placed on the desktop; one for Transponder configurator and one for Transponder tester. Click the Transponder configurator icon on the desktop to run the Transponder configurator tool.
– Use your Product Key to activate the license :
– Select ‘Activate license online now’ in the activation menu. The activation menu should automatically appear the first time you run the Transponder configurator.
– Enter the license key found in the file ‘License.txt’ on the USB memory stick.
– Note: Once the activation is complete, internet connection is no longer necessary.
- Select Options and Serial configuration to select the correct serial port for the configuration cable TTC Light is now ready to be used as a configuration Tool.
SOFTWARE DOWNLOAD TO THE cNODE MiniS
The cNODE MiniS may need to be upgraded to the latest software version. To do this, it must be connected to the computer via the relevant cable.
Use the Transponder Configurator program to download the new cNODE MiniS software.
- Start the Transponder Configurator using the icon on the desktop.
- Select the tab Software Download.
- Select cNODE Transponder and Download.
- Use Open to select the file (for cNODE MiniS it is ‘.kmd’).
- Select Start loading. It may take up to 22 minutes to download. A progress bar will appear and then a message reading ‘Software download succeeded’ will confirm when the download is completed.
- Select the tab Configuration.
- Select Get config from Tp to check that the software has been updated to the latest version.
The TTC Light is now ready to be used as Transponder Tester with the cNODE MiniS.
CONFIGURATION OF TRANSPONDERS
Use the Transponder Configurator program to change settings in the transponders, such as Channel or to choose between FSK and Cymbal acoustic protocols.
The transponder must be connected to the computer via cable and all relevant programs must already be installed on the computer.
• Start the Transponder Configurator.
• Select the tab Configuration
• Select Get the config from Tp
• Add/change the relevant information
• Select Download New Configuration.
The transponder will confirm the download and is now ready for operation with the new settings.
TRANSPONDER TESTING MODE
Connect the cNODE MiniS configuration cable from the cNODE MiniS transponder to the USB serial adapter or the computer serial port. The MiniS transponder can now be placed close to the transponder to be tested (transducers must be close to each other).
The Transponder Tester program can now to be used to perform an acoustic deck-test of other transponders. The program is started by selecting the Transponder tester on the desktop.
Note : The acoustic test can be performed on cNODE, MPT, SPT and MST transponders. Only transponders with telemetry capabilities can perform step 6, 7, and 8 in the procedure.
• Connect the cNODE MiniS to the configuration cable.
• Start the Transponder Tester program.
• Enter the channel number and serial number of the transponder to be tested.
• Place the transponder that is going to be tested with its transducer facing the cNODE MiniS transducer (see fig.1).
• Select Interrogate to activate the transponder in SSBL mode.
• Select Read parameters to see the program version and settings.
• Select Execute release to test the release mechanism (if the transponder has one).
• Select Read sensors and Sensor type (if applicable to the transponder.
Read more : ACOUSTIC CONTROL SYSTEM FOR BOP OPERATION; HIPAP – ACOUSTIC UNDERWATER POSITIONING AND NAVIGATION SYSTEMS; µPAP (MICROPAP) COMPACT ACOUSTIC POSITIONING SYSTEM; TRANSPONDER, FOR EXPLOSIVE ATMOSPHERE