with single pickup, for screwing in for all KEM flow meters.
The carrier frequency pickups detect the r.p.m. of KEM flow meters. Each passing of a tooth will be detected contactless and produces a pulse at the output. Therefore each pulse corresponds to a fixed volume and the frequency corresponds to the volume flow. Versions with Push Pull output or NAMUR output (option : open collector output npn) are available.
The pickup is screwed into the meter via a thread M14×1.5 (option UNF ½”-20). Accordingly the VTE 02 fit on all KEM measuring cells.
- Supply Voltage: UB : +5 up to 30 V DC, regulated, depending on version.
- Quiescent Current : IR < 1 mA.
- Frequence Range : 0.5 up to 5,000 Hz depending on flow meter.
- Ambient Temperature : -40 °C up to +80 °C [-40 °F up to +176 °F], depending on version.
- Medium Temperature : -40 °C up to +150 °C [-40 °F up to +302 °F].
- Output Signal : Push-Pull, Open Collector (option) or NAMUR.
- Ex Protection :
- ATEX : II 2G Ex ia IIC T4 Gb.
- IECEx : Ex ia IIC T4 Gb.
- cCSAus :
- Class I, Div. 1, Groups A, B, C, D; T4.
- Ex ia IIC T4 Ga.
- Class I, Zone 0 AEx ia IIC T4 Ga.
- Panel Mount Displays with analog and frequency output (FAS 100).
- Wall Mount Displays with analog and frequency output (FAW 100).
- Frequency to Analog Converter (FAU 50).
- Intrinsically Safe Supply Unit (EWS).
The VTE 02 are carrier frequency pickups for all ZHM, HM, SRZ and LFM. Due to the wide frequency range (0.5 to 5,000 Hz) they work with all sizes.
For applications in harzardous areas intrinsically safe versions with ATEX and IECEx certification for zone 1 and cCSAus certification for zone 0 and division 1 are available.
The following has to be adhered to :
a. Installation instructions for electrical devices
Installation instructions for associated intrinsically-safe devices
The »Special conditions for safe use« as per EC-Type Examination Certificate
b. The amplifier has to be installed in a way that the max. ambient temperature does under no circumstances exceed +60 °C [+140 °F].
c. With cables care should be taken, that the max inductivity and capacity of the respective voltage or gas group are not exceeded.
d. Exceeding or falling below the regular measuring range will cause invalid frequency output signals.
e. Shielded cables are to be used as connecting lines.
f. Generally, supplied units have to be connected by an expert according to EMC stipulations.
g. Disconnect power supply before making electrical connection.
Read more : HM HIGH PRESSURE TURBINE FLOW METER; TRG STANDARD TURBINE FLOW METER; POSITIVE DISPLACEMENT FLOW METERS; Positive Displacement Flow Meters for Oil Gas; Gear Flow Meters for abrasive, corrosive and less lubricating fluids; Turbine Flow Meters with Flange Connections (HM F)