The new AIS-MOB unit from True Heading is a combined AIS MOB/DSC Maritime Survivor Locating Device (MSLD).
It is developed to increase the efficiency of Man over Board emergency alerting to the vicinity according to all existing standards by starting broadcasting within seconds after activation.
Base of this device is the world’s first AIS MOB unit with full automatic activation. Goal of the AIS-MOB is to fasten-up the alerting of the “next to the MOB” vessels. The combination of these two most effective communication ways will be the result which probably can make the difference between saving or losing a life at sea.
Thanks to the palm size of the AIS-MOB, the unit is ready for easy installation and instant usage with every kind of automatic life jacket, regardless of model or manufacturer. The bright red LED flare on the AIS-MOB ensures high visibility for miles.
KEY FEATURES :
- Usage with every automatic life jacket without special preparation -very easy mounting.
- AIS safety related message to every AIS receiver within range of transmission.
- Persistent AIS broadcasting with updated GPS position every minute.
- DSC distress call to up to 8 different vessels in closed loop call.
- +24 hours battery lifetime in dual mode (AIS & DSC broadcasting).
- High visible bright red LED Flare.
- More than 1 W radiated transmission power for AIS mode.
- 0.5 watt radiated transmission power for DSC distress call.
- Full automatic activation when submerged.
- Full self-floatable.
- No annual fee or license needed.
- According all existing standards.
- Patented antenna release mechanism.