If the compressor is generating too much of noise and vibration, it can be because of the following reasons:
- Loose pulley, flywheel, belt, belt guard, cooler, clamps or accessories.
- Lack of oil in the crankcase.
- Piston hitting the valve plate i.e reduced bumping clearance.
- Compressor holding down bolts are loose.
- Compressor foundation chocks have worn out.
Abnormal noise from compressor
- Compressor capacity too high during start-up.
- Oil pressure too low.
- Liquid refrigerant in suction line.
- Incorrect alignment of motor and compressor. Loose bolts in coupling.
- Worn or defective bearings.
- Too much oil circulating through the plant, resulting in too low oil level in compressor.
- Capacity regulation oscillating owing to failing oil pressure.